The work of Dolores Mission Church would not be possible without the generosity of its parishioners and donors. Because every penny counts, there is no donation too small or large thus we gratefully welcome all gifts.
Make a Donation
- General Church Gift
- Your investment in Dolores Mission will be used where needed most. You may specify a ministry or program on the payment form.
- Annual Appeal
We can only continue to launch our parish families into places of hope and possibility with your support! We ask that you help us to continue providing vital services to our community.
- High School Scholars Fund
Help our Dolores Mission graduates continue to obtain a Catholic High School education. Studies have shown that 98% of low-income students who obtain scholarships for their Catholic education, continue on to college. Which is our ultimate goal for every student who graduates from Dolores Mission School. The gift is $1,000 per semester and our goal is that students’ maintain a 3.0 GPA, or higher.
- Women’s Auxiliary Mass
The women of this Boyle Heights neighborhood are the heart and soul of this community. When violence erupts, it is the women who take the lead and organize the community for peace, meeting with elected officials, police leadership, and others. When youth get involved in gangs, it is the women who have helped find them jobs to steer them away from the gangs. We now call upon women from outside Boyle Heights to help keep Dolores Mission alive financially. To help support the women of our parish, Dolores Mission Church hosts an annual Women’s Auxiliary Mass. The gift to support these women is $200.
- Immersion Program
- Each year, more than 25 high schools and universities from across the country visit Dolores Mission to participate in our urban immersion program. A donation is suggested to help fund our ministries. For more information, contact our youth minister.
- Ministry with the Homeless
- Our Guadalupe Homeless Project is a ministry that has been sustained here at Dolores Mission for more than 27 years. Each afternoon we welcome up to 45 homeless men who have access to showers and a hot dinner in our school cafeteria. The men sleep on cots in our church which we feel makes our humble church more holy. We also serve them breakfast in the morning before they spend the day looking for work. About two years ago our sister non-profit, Proyecto Pastoral, opened up a small women’s shelter for 15 elderly homeless women. Our sisters eat their meals at Dolores Mission as well. Our parishioners and school children engage in special projects during the year like cooking meals to support our homeless guests. Thanks to the care we are able to provide, many of our guests have been able to rebuild their lives and transition into permanent housing.
- Immigrant Justice Ministry
- Every Wednesday morning, a line begins to form in our church plaza. By noon, there can be more than 20 people waiting for the attorneys and law students of the Loyola Immigrant Justice Clinic to arrive in the mid afternoon. Sometimes 100 people wait to receive free and low cost legal aid which is provided on a first come, first served basis. Over the past four years, these lawyers have helped more than 6,000 people obain work permits, visas, green cards and citizenship with a 99.9% success rate. Your donations help us provide this ministry in addition to immigration workshops, panels and informational meetings to our parishioners, school families and the greater community of Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles.
- Tribute to a Loved One
- You may provide a gift in honor or memory of a friend or loved one. Please indicate the name of the individual or family and whether the gift is in honor or memory. If you would like us to send a note to the honoree, or have any questions, you may contact our development office at (323) 881-0028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Donation
- Please specify how you would like your contribution to be used. Otherwise, your investment will be used where needed most to impact the community of Dolores Mission.
DONATION REFUND POLICY
If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to Dolores Mission, we will honor your request for a refund made within 15 days of your donation.
To request a refund, call (323) 881-0022. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.